HOMEMADE BOOKS

Here’s a chance for you to make your own book. There are several ways you can bind a book, or put a book together. Please see the lesson below for one clever way to make a pop up book.

First: ​Brainstorm an idea for your book…What do you want your book to be about? Choose something you are interested in or know something about. It doesn’t have to be an informational book. It could be fiction, or just a book of your artwork. It could also be photos of a collection you have. There are tons of ideas…choose one that interests you.

Next​: Bind your book. You can simply take paper, fold it in half and staple the fold. Or you can do a little more complicated version like the one in the lesson below. If you need help, ask an older sibling or an adult to help.

Then:​ Add your content. Add words and illustrations or photos. You could also use collage and take photos from newspapers or magazines. Don’t forget to ask first before you cut anything around the house.

Cover​: Don’t forget to make a nice cover for your book. The cover of a book is the first thing people see, so make it bright and beautiful to catch someone’s attention.

I hope you have fun creating your book. I hope I get to see it. Use some of the other skills you’ve learned this year and whatever materials you have at home. Enjoy!
Remember to send me a picture to my email address.

Pop

Pop-upHow-To

Brainstorm_ReflectionSheet

CreativeCovers