Ms. Neal’s bio

Hi, I’m Karie Neal. I’ve been working as the art teacher at LES now for three years.  I have over 20 years of teaching experience and a Masters in Education from Lesley University in Integrated Arts.  I currently work at New Hingham Regional Elementary School in Chesterfield, MA as well as Leverett Elementary School.  I have a daughter who attends Smith Academy in Hatfield, MA and spend many of my fall afternoons watching her play soccer.  I enjoy introducing young children to art and helping them explore different mediums and techniques.  For me, art is a form of expression that is fairly personal, it’s more about the process and the experience than the actual product.  I encourage all my students to work to their own individual potential and show me their best and not to compare their work to other’s work.  I encourage them to be themselves, to listen, follow directions and be respectful team members in my classroom.  Students feel free to express themselves through their artwork in part due to my class values: Acceptance, Courage, Integrity, and Teamwork.  Feel free to contact me with any questions or ideas at neal@leverettschool.org